Three Zeros Environmental Initiative Leadership Award
The second annual Three Zeros Environmental Initiative Student Leadership Award will be given to one student or recent graduate from the Carolina community who has advanced the commitments of the Three Zeros Environmental Initiative and demonstrated leadership, dedication, and innovation in the field of sustainability. The winning student will be awarded a $500 cash prize.
Call for Nominations
The Three Zeros Day Award Committee is pleased to call for nominations for the 2019 Three Zeros Environmental Initiative Student Leadership Award. The deadline for submissions is Monday, Sept. 9, 2019.
In its second year, this award recognizes outstanding student contributions to the advancement of the Three Zeros Environmental Initiative. One recipient will receive $500.
The candidate must have been a University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill undergraduate, graduate or professional student, or postdoctoral fellow in the 2018-2019 academic year who has:
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership in the sustainability community
- Implemented or supported initiatives in the Carolina or surrounding community which advance one or more of the commitments of the Three Zeros Environmental Initiative
- Made a lasting positive impact on the Carolina campus through their work related to environmental issues
Note: Students who graduated in 2019 are eligible to apply. Contact Amy Armbruster, Three Zeros Research and Outreach Manager at email@example.com with questions about eligibility.
Students may submit a self-nomination or be nominated by someone else in the Carolina community.
Submit a Nomination
- Please review the above criteria and eligibility requirements for the award and fill in the form below. It includes three short answer questions. It is recommended that you first type your answers in a separate document so you do not lose your work. You may also upload supporting documents such as a nomination letter or other supplementary materials, though it is not a requirement.
- The nomination and any supporting materials must be submitted by Monday, Sept. 9, 2019 for the nominee to be considered for the award. Anyone may submit a nominee for consideration and self-nominations are also accepted and encouraged.
The nomination form is now closed. The recipient will be recognized on Tuesday, September 25, at the Three Zeros Day Reception.